On May 13th, 2016 an Ohio Historic Marker was dedicated at the Lake Road, Rocky River location where Cowan pottery was designed and produced fro 1920 to 1931. Approval and placement of the Marker was co-sponsored by Rocky River Historical Society and Cowan Pottery Museum Associates. The dedication event included a display of pottery and historical photographic panels in the original Cowan Pottery Display Room building. Prior to the unveiling of the Marker, attendees were addressed by representatives of RRHS, CPMA, Cowan Pottery Museum and Ohio History Connection. The Marker was formally dedicated by the Mayor of Rocky River, Pam Bobst. The Mayor was then assisted in unveiling the Marker by Bill Cowan, grandson of R. Guy Cowan.
This Marker joins the one dedicated in 2015 at the first Cowan Pottery site in Lakewood. It is the first Ohio Historic Marker to be dedicated in the City of Rocky River. Ohio History Connection manages the approval of requests for siting and content of Ohio Historic marker and arranges production of the cast aluminum markers in an Ohio foundry.