On May 8th 2015 a joint project of CPMA and Lakewood Historical Society came to fruition with the dedication of an Ohio History Connection marker at 1360 Nicholson Avenue Lakewood, Ohio. This was the site of R. Guy Cowan’s first production pottery. The dedication was attended by representatives of both sponsoring organizations, Ohio History Connection, Cowan Pottery Museum and the City of Lakewood. Also at the festivities were many of the Lakewood Schools elementary students who undertook a research project on Cowan Pottery in Lakewood under the guidance of historian Matthew McIntire. The marker was unveiled by Greg Palumbo of Lakewood Historical Society assisted by Bill Cowan, grandson of R. Guy Cowan, and by a student representing the Lakewood Schools students participating in the history project.
The Cowan Pottery Museum Associates PO Box 16765, Rocky River, OH 44116
- Ohio Historic Marker dedicated at the former site of Cowan Pottery in Rocky River
- The 2016-17 R. Guy Cowan Scholarship award at CIA is shared by two students.
- 2016 Cowan Pottery Symposium held at Rocky River Public Library on May 14th
- Ohio Historic Marker installed and dedicated at original Lakewood pottery site
- Waylande Gregory Exhibit